- The famous East Gippsland Rail Trail goes from Bairnsdale to Orbost via Bruthen and Nowa Nowa – about 100km.
- Access to the Rail trail directly from the park
- RIVERS – The Twin Rivers of the Nicholson & Tambo feeding into Lake King offer excellent fishing for Black Bream and a variety of other species. There are excellent boat ramps at Nicholson & Johnsonville with ample capacity for parking cars and trailers
- BEACHES – the 90 mile beach, just 20 minutes away at Lakes Entrance is wonderful surf fishing
- Nicholson River – Offering one of the best boat ramps in the Gippsland area
- Nicholson River – Great fish can be had directly from the shore at the foot of the park
- NATIONAL PARKS – The area abounds with national parks including the Colquhuon Forest, Fairy Dell, and Glenaladale National Park for the bushwalking enthusiast,
- and for those who prefer the beach, there are the Ninety Mile Beach Marine Park and the Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park.
- We currently have 2 clubs that take advantage of our accommodation and huge recreation room, trestle tables and cooking facilities are available.
- Being right on the river allows kayakers direst access to the river and onto the lake system, we have created a carpeted area for easy launching and retrieval.
The area is home to many golf courses that cater for all level of golfers including:
- Lakes Entrance
- Lakes View (9 hole)
- Goose Gully (9 hole)
- Kings Cove (9 hole)